Westport Museum Executive Director, Ramin Ganeshram is joined by special guest Greg Porretta for the TRUE history of the first Thanksgiving. For more info and to see original documents and photos see the resources below.
- Mourt’s relation or journal of the plantation at Plymouth
- Contains Edward Winslow’s account of the First Thanksgiving
- Smith, Andrew F. “The First Thanksgiving.” Gastronomica 3, no. 4 (2003): 79–85.
- Martin, Emily. “How the Traditional Thanksgiving Feast Has Evolved over Centuries.” National Geographic.
- Tirado, Michelle. “The Wampanoag Side of the First Thanksgiving Story.” Indian Country Today.
Thanksgiving as a Native Day of Mourning
- Weiss, Jana. “The National Day of Mourning: Thanksgiving, Civil Religion, and American Indians.” Amerikastudien / American Studies 63, no. 3 (2018): 367–88.
- James, Kisha, and Mahtowin Munro. “Thanksgiving Is a Day of Mourning for Many Indigenous Communities.” Cultural Survival.
For Teens and Kids
- Grace, Catherine O’Neill. 1621: A New Look at Thanksgiving. National Geographic Society, 2004.