The Westport Historical Society is seeking several Museum Summer Camp instructor to join the Programs and Education Department. The Summer Camp instructors will work closely with the Director of Programs and Education to facilitate the engaging summer camp offerings designed by the society. This position pays $15 an hour during the three summer camp sessions during the weeks of June 24th-28th, July 8th-12th, and August 19th-23rd, 2019. Each day will begin at 8 am and end at 5 pm.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Facilitate all camp activities, including crafts, snack, free play and history instruction
- Coordinate with guest speakers/instructors for appropriate activities
- Oversee camp volunteers, who will assist with camp management
- Report all camp expenditures to the Director of Programs and Education
The qualified candidate is:
- Background in child education and classroom management
- Strong interest in history and museums
- Self-starter with initiative
- Must be at least 18 to apply
This is a unique opportunity for individuals to work with children in a museum environment and be part of an important and lasting program that will make valuable historical resources available to the generation thereby serving WHS’ mission: To preserve and protect the history of Westport in an inclusive way by making it immediate and relatable within our community and to the world outside our borders. We tell Westport stories as a way to examine the larger narrative of local, state, and national history. We offer engaging ways to inspire a lifelong discovery of our historic roots and our ongoing heritage in a way that is inclusive of all people and respectful of all stories.
Please label your cover letter and resume with your last name and the title “Camp Instructor” (i.e. “Smith_CampInstructor”) and send to email@example.com after submitting an online application.
Westport Historical Society provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or gender.