Andrew Wyeth called Gramatky one of the “twenty all-time great American watercolorists”.
If your knowledge of Hardie Gramatky is limited to his legendary children’s books, Little Toot and Hercules, you will be surprised and pleased to see his stunning watercolors of familiar Westport landscapes. Choose from giclees of 38 local scenes or from hundreds of others done by him, Dorothea Cooke Gramatky or other leading watercolorists, and WHS will still receive 30% of the sale.
Limited Offer: Buy Gramatky Westport Watercolor Giclées to support the WHS!
How better to celebrate the 2011 holidays than to buy glorious images of “the way Westport was” for yourself, family and friends, and—in so doing—donate to the Westport Historical Society?
For a limited time only, thanks to the extraordinary generosity of WHS members, Linda Gramatky Smith, and her husband, Ken, visit CaliforniaWatercolor.com, enter the special code*, and the WHS will receive 30% of your online or gift shop purchases of giclée prints of work by:
- Linda’s father, the late, great Westport artist, Hardie Gramatky,
- her mother, artist Dorothea Cooke Gramatky,
- or any other watercolorists in the CaliforniaWatercolor.com catalogue.
Enjoy this opportunity to buy outstanding prints done by Hardie Gramatky, whose three original watercolors of local barns were included in last summer’s WHS “Back to Our Roots” and “Barns” exhibits.
Giclées of illustrations from Gramatky’s Little Toot books–a terrific gift to frame for a child’s room–also are included. And—best of all–the giclées have been reduced in price for the holidays so they range from $95 – $245!
What is a giclée? A very high-tech, high-quality reproduction process that exactly replicates the color and texture of the original watercolor artwork. For most of us, only the small embossed mark in the lower corner of the work would distinguish it from the original. Examples are on display in the WHS gift shop.
According to Linda: “These giclée prints are some of the best you can find anywhere. They are printed on heavy Provence watercolor paper and have an identical look and feel to the original paintings, so you can decorate your home—as we have–with Westport scenes or give a special holiday gift to someone who grew up in this area.”
HOW TO ORDER online:
1) Visit www.californiawatercolor.com
2) To expedite shopping, in the search box, enter “Gramatky Westport” to find all the Gramatky artwork done locally or “Gramatky” to see all his California and other watercolors done in California (he was a founder of the California Watercolor movement) or around the world.
3) *When you are ready to check out, BE SURE to enter the order code “WHS” to receive a bonus 10% discount and send 30% of the profits immediately to the Westport Historical Society account.
OR, ORDER through the WHS Remarkable Gift Shop:
1) Come visit the WHS Remarkable Gift Shop to see two matted samples and let us take your order there. The cost to send them quickly by FedEx is only $19.95 for 1-4 giclées.
Remember, this offer is limited… To be sure that the WHS benefits, PLEASE ORDER TODAY!