7 Sunrise Road

Augie and Marcia Ciambriello are honoring Westport’s heritage by displaying a Westport Historical Society plaque identifying their home at 7 Sunrise Road as the Saugatuck Methodist Church parsonage which was built in c.1885.  Their home was built by Martin Doscher in c.1855 at Church and Saugatuck Avenues and deeded to the Saugatuck Methodist Church in 1894. It was used as the parsonage by the church until 1940s when it was moved to its current location in 1952 for the Ciambriello family. The house has been in the Ciambriello family since 1952 owned initially by Augie and Marcia’s grandparents, then their parent and, since 1997, by Augie and Marcia themselves. They have lived in Westport all their lives and say they “intend to stay.”   Bob Weingarten for WestportNow.com